Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Friendship - By Sakoieta'

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Friendship and making friends is an interesting thing. We often talk about choosing the right type of friends, especially when we have children. We don’t want them getting mixed up with the "wrong" crowd. But true friends are really self selected. It is our friends who decide to respond to us and by what method. It is they who finally make themselves our friends by being loyal, being a friend by having a genuine concern for our well being or allowing us privacy when needed. Acquaintances wait and judge and sometimes it is better to be an acquaintance when we cannot find good common ground on which to be friends. There is an honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all people. But a true friend is always good, always special. That’s why friends are so good and dear to us. They have chosen to be so.

No comments: