Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Patience - By Sakoieta'

It amazes me that perfectly intelligent people lose what they want most by demanding something that is still in the formative stage and can’t or won’t wait until it has revealed itself better and more completely. There is a time to be bold and seek something and a time not to, but it takes wisdom to know when that is and when it should be done. If something is really worthwhile and worth having then it is worth waiting for, or worth working towards. But our fear of losing something before we have had the chance to make it our own can cause us to take risks that are often unwise, unproductive or unsafe. Insecurity makes us act in plain speaking ways that cause us to lose the very thing we wanted to keep. Action is a necessary part of living, but action has to be tempered with patience and waiting at time for the action to be complete and worthwhile so that it is not time or energy wasted and spent on something that could have been but wasn’t.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I am definitely guilty of having 'been there/done that' too many times. It's timely to read this now because I've been having sort of an inner mini-tantrum (mini?) over the time it's taking for God to answer certain prayers (translate that "come to the rescue"). Just last night I had a serious pity party over it.

I know God is. I know God can. It's that He will I stumble over. Doubt remains the sin of unbelief. My timing is not His timing. His ways are higher (and better) than my ways.

Recent teaching I've received emphasizes "speaking life" into and over everything. "There is death and life in the power of the tongue." (Proverbs 18:21) I don't have to ask which sort of speaking grumbling and whining is.

Good lesson today. I don't know much about that band, but Patience is my friend.