Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Checking Tracks

It rained last night about 3/8th of an inch. That is a good time to take a walk down the road to see what animal activity may have happened. Other than a few deer and elk tracks the only other track I found was this bobcat track. They have small feet and are very allusive. We rarely see the animal itself but do see evidence of their tracks. I was hoping for a mountain lion or bear track but no such luck this morning.  

I did see our deer that has fibromyosis however and his condition seems to have gotten worse. I hope this guy gets better soon. While biologists say it is not painful to the deer I have a hard time believing that. This guy has a large sac hanging off his back belly and neck. That can't feel normal to him...

No comments: