Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Hard Workers From Adams State University

 LaPuente brought another group of hard working young men to gather firewood for those who are unable to get it for themselves or can't afford it. They take the wood from our property, cut it to length, split it and distribute it to those who need it for warmth over our long winters here. This group was the basketball team from Adams State University in Alamosa.
 They came with two of their coaches and the team from LaPuente. Something about being around fun loving young men that is contagious and lifts my spirits. From the coaches to the players they all are just fun to be around. Their coach did a very nice thing and had each one of them introduce themselves individually  to me which was a very nice gesture. I hope they enjoyed their time as much as I enjoyed having them here.
 Also, many will benefit from their efforts this winter. I'm hoping that they have a very successful basketball season. They are nice young men who deserve an outstanding season.
It was fun for me to be with this group. I'll be pulling for them this season and I hope they will do well.

No comments: