Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Refreshing rain - by Bruce

Not one of the more prominent and vivid rainbows we've had but just the way it seemed to end right at the Stars on the flag stuck me and I had to take a photo to share. If you click on the photo it will enlarge and the rainbow can be seen clearer. This is the flag pole that was cemented in the center of the planter I posted a few days ago.

We have been waiting for rain for some time now and it finally arrived. We got a teaser a few days ago but the rain last night was perfect. It rained steady and gently and when the sun comes out again every green shrub, weed, wild flower, vegetable and tree will burst out with new growth. After a rain the colors of green are so fresh and vivid. My garden should be going wild over this rain and it won't be long now before we can do an initial harvest. We have already harvested lots of lettuce and spinach. Radishes should be about ready, rhubarb, and zucchini along with swiss chard should be bursting forth with this gentle soaking rain we had last night. There are ton's of raspberries if I can get to them before the birds do. That is always a neck and neck race. Currents are ready to turn color and the gooseberries will be ready to pick in a day or two. God's timing is so very good, and working with the natural rhythm of nature is always good.

So for now I think I will just go outside with my lawn chair, a beer, sit, relax and watch my garden grow.



No comments: