Total Pageviews

Monday, January 24, 2011

Song Birds - by Bruce




What I miss the most during winter is waking up early, having the window's open and hearing the song birds singing the day into being with all their hearts. The Hermit Thrush in the top left photo has a very haunting and melodious song. The Robin in the center has a variety of songs and can really belt them out, and the Wren has a short sweet song that blends right in for harmony.

When these guys head South for the winter it gives us something to look forward to when they return. You don't miss them until they are gone which could be said for many things in life. I look forward to when they return and I can hear their song through the open window or when I take the dogs out first thing in the morning. They make the mornings so beautiful I hope I never take their songs for granted. I know they are singing right now where ever they are at.

No comments: