Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saturday, March 19/Carol

I hope you all had a great week so far and a Happy St. Patrick's Day. Being married to an Irishman, I always try to make it a super special day. After all, Bruce is a super special husband. I made the traditional meal....corned beef in the pressure cooker; when it was done, popped the carrots and cabbage in for 5 more minutes and as always it came out great. Thing is, it doesn't have a thing to do with my being a "great cook"...the pressure cooker is the key!

I made this Pistachio Pudding Cake for dessert and it is major yum!

There are shamrock sprinkles on the top that I got through Baker's Catalog! I posted these pictures on my Facebook page and got so many comments, I posted the link to the recipe there too. Here it is, just in case you might want to give it a try. One thing I always look for is EASY!!!

I took the German Shepherd's down the road for their morning walk and on the way back, saw that "first sign of Spring" that we often look for....a robin flitted across the road! We have been hearing the song birds but this is the first red-breasted bird we have seen. So although the calendar says that tomorrow is the big day, we shall celebrate today!



No comments: