Total Pageviews

Friday, June 1, 2012

Trail Camera Comes Through Again

The trail camera comes through once again.  I thought this was a striking photo with the morning sun light filtering through the trees.  This was taken on what was once an old logging trail that I now use to access our firewood on the other end of our lot.  Who ever put it in probably had no idea it would later be used again by us.  There are trees that they cleared along its way that look like they were chopped down with a very large ax. Other stumps are charred which tells me the road maker either burned the debris or a wild fire came though many years ago. I have run the metal detector over the road and its area and have found parts and sections of old fencing that apparently separated the logging road from what adjoined it.  Just across the road from us is an old foundation so it could have been the back/front of someone's land divided by a fence.  If that is so they were living a lot more remote than we do now.

This deer and the back ground just ended up being an excellent photo.  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bruce, the date says 2010. Is that correct?

Anonymous said...

Bruce, the date says 2010. Is that correct? on Trail Camera Comes Through Again

Bruce said...

Thanks for catching that. Apparently when I reset the clock on the camera I failed to change the year but did change the time and date. I guess I'm fortunate to have gotten the time, day and month right as I'm unable to even program my watch. I need a 5 y/o around to do electronics stuff for me.

Anonymous said...

Is that time correct also? Looks pretty bright out for 5:57am. Daylight must be breaking early.

Bruce said...

The time is correct, the sun starts to come up around 5:00 AM here now.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What time does it get dark?

Bruce said...

I'm not certain but I think it gets dark around 8:30 in the evening. It is hard to tell as the sun sets on the opposite side of the mountain so it depends if there is cloud cover to reflect the diminishing light.