Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Be Yourself - By Sakoieta'

I remember when I was a teenager wanting to be a drummer just like Buddy Rich and Gene Krupa. My Grandpa took me aside and told me that there was no way I could be like someone else and it was really a waste of time to try. He said if I wanted to be a good drummer to work at being as good as I could be so the world was aware there was a third drummer, me. It made me realize we can only be better in our own way. We know right from wrong, regardless of how the world or others have tried to recondition us to their way of doing things by following the crowd. Nothing or no one except ourselves can keep us from hearing our own voices of common sense. We can and should refuse to be a part of anything that was not a an extending of the gifts we brought with us from Sky World, when we were born, to share with others while we walk upon the earth for the many days we have to do so. There are voices outside who will tell us to be like them and do things the way they want, but they really serve no good purpose only to distract us from being the people we are destined to be when we came here in the first place.

1 comment:

Bruce said...

Anyone who has heard Sakoieta play the flute knows that his talent is very special. As you listen to him play the stress and any anxiety just fall away and you get swept away in his inner music that comes from his flute.