Total Pageviews

Monday, November 10, 2014

Technology By Sakoieta


More and more I see people getting into these technological devices and letting these devices control them. Computers, cell phones, i pads, etc. These devices were supposed to be used to help us to be more independent and productive as human beings. What I see instead is people becoming slaves to them and becoming less and less involved in the living of life as a good human being. We have people who won’t even talk to each other unless it is through a text. People slandering each other and writing nasty messages to others that they would never think of saying in person, etc. I see a definite use for them if they enhance our ability to be better mothers, fathers, husbands, partners, human beings. But what I see happening more and more is that people cannot even reason anymore without a computer or hand held device doing it for them. Instead of making us smarter these devices are making us slaves who are unable to think for ourselves, add, subtract, or search unless the answer is right there in seconds. They are becoming the new pill to supposedly fix us. Instead, like our prophecies state, they are controlling our minds and taking our minds away.

2 comments:

Carol said...

no truer words were spoken! i had a friend tell me the other day that her kids don't know how to make a phone call. i miss talking to people on the phone...........

Kathryn said...

From not wanting or feeling the slightest need for a cell phone, long after everyone I knew had theirs, to having it feel like an extension of my very life. Not long ago I accidentally left my smartphone home and I KNOW I felt more distress than if I'd been told I'd left a carotid artery home. I once had memorized the phone numbers of everyone important to me. Now I barely know my own phone number. I wouldn't know how to get half the places I go any more without my GPS. It would take me a while to find my old maps. And can you imagine a current youngster trying to find their way anywhere with a paper map?