Total Pageviews

Friday, February 20, 2015

Weather Forecast - Accurate???

The weather forecasters have predicted 18-28" of new snow for our area. This will be a good test since they are all in agreement. We have had forecasts like this before and did not receive a flake. Usually they are all different in their predictions but in this case they all are pretty much in agreement with each other. A few years ago we had a forecast like this and when the last flake fell we had 72" of new snow. That took a while to dig out from but usually 2-3' is not out of the ordinary and nothing to get alarmed about.

Receiving 28" of snow can be daunting if you live in a city but here it is just something to deal with. I'm posting this now to check the accuracy of the forecasters before the storm arrives so in a few days I'll post the results. In the mountains getting it right for the weather people is really tough. I do feel they are right in this case because the birds are really chowing down on the sunflower seeds we put out for them and the suet is really going fast. Birds and animals know when something is going to happen and are good indicators in my humble opinion. I trust them more than a program in a computer in Pueblo or Denver. Stay tuned for those of you hoping to one day live in the mountains and I'll try to post some photo's. I think the weather people are right this time and I hope folks will enjoy photos of a big snow storm - especially if they don't have to shovel it.

No comments: