Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Lightning Strike

 I had cut some dead trees down three days ago and we went down to de-limb and cut them up this morning. As I was standing next to one tree I leaned against it and noted it didn't feel right. On examination that tree had been hit with lightning day before yesterday as the wound was still fresh and had small pieces of wood in it. 
Day before yesterday we had a bad lightning storm that knocked out the telephone and wifi system for a day and fried some of the phone companies costly equipment. 
This tree is only a little ways from where my trail camera is attached to a tree so I expect that the batteries in that camera are super charged now. When the lightning hit that tree it shook the house. Had I not cut those dead trees down I don't think we would have even noticed the lightning strike...


No comments: