Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Smart Thinking....

 I had planned to donate these trees to the local charity but our association sent out an email requesting trees like this that had blown down be donated to them. They plan to mill the lumber out of the trees to build a firehouse to hold the pumping gear and fire equipment. I called the manager and they came and looked at the large trees we had down and they would like them.
I have owned three personal wood mills in the past 35 years and have milled a ton of lumber myself. I know what trees are desirable and which should be used for firewood. I have four ranging from 26" to 16" that are all straight and excellent trees to mill lumber from. Material is the most costly in building and they have volunteer labor so the cost to build the fire house should be minimal. Smart thinking.....

No comments: