Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Do Not Procrastinate In The Mountains

 Above is my garden box where I planted seeds yesterday. I initially planned to plant today but I had some extra time so went a day early. This is why this time of year it is hard to make plans ahead of time and to do things when you can. I planted yesterday so I would have enough time to service the tractor and do firewood today. Clearly neither of those are going to happen. Too slippery to do firewood and the ground is too wet to lay on slush to change the oil in the tractor. Instead I plan to make donuts today for the next month and stay inside.
The spring is still running with force and I have previously followed it up the mountain to its source. It comes out of an 8' cliff about 3-400 yards up the mountain. I need to check on it daily to make sure that debris has not washed down and clogged the culvert that goes under the driveway or it could wash the driveway out.

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

I'm hoping to get some seeds planted fairly soon, although it's a little late in our season to do that. I have been moving so had to wait for the planting! I would love to see some snow here without having to drive into the mountains to see it!