Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Sciatic Nerve Pain

At my age you would think I would know better. NOTE TO BRUCE:  "Don't shovel heavy loads of wet icy snow at the end of the snow season." 
Sitting on a heating pad seems to help and in a few days it will go away but in the meantime it is sore for sure. Have done this before as we like to get an early start at cutting up our reserve pile of firewood. Seems every year I end up like this and every year I remember after the fact.

One year I went to one of the two chiropractors in Alamosa but instead of treating the sciatic problem he focused on my neck. Medicare allows 12 visits and on the last visit I told him my low back still hurt and I finally got him to work on that. One treatment resolved the issue but he milked medicare for 11 unnecessary visits.  If I end up going back I will go to a chiropractor that 'listens' and one that will treat the affected area.

We got 3" of very heavy snow yesterday but it is melting rapidly so I'll not concern myself with removal of it. In the meantime I'll sit on the heating pad and take it easy. Stretching helped a little but unfortunately it just takes time.

No comments: