Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 30, 2019

Lightning

Last night we got notification from Accu Weather that we could get lightning for the next 30 minutes. I looked outside and didn't see any storm but within a couple minutes there was a flash over the house and a bright flash inside and bang which we thought came from the wood stove. I checked the breaker box, outlets, appliances, chimney, phones and found no indication of a lightning strike.
Finally I went to use my computer and no internet. Yup, sure enough the bright light and loud pop was the modem. All the lights were out on it and when I smelled it it was clearly fried... Carol went into town to shop this morning and picked up a new modem at the telephone company. We are back in business now.
Amazing that a weather prediction in State College, PA, could accurately tell us when to expect lightning. No other damage found but that large pop and flash of light sure brought us up out of our chairs.

No comments: