Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Pesky Deer Fly Bites

 This time of year there is probably nothing more annoying than deer fly bites. They are sneaky and tend to fly around your head at supersonic speeds. What they are really doing is posturing for a rear sneak attack. You don't feel them when they land and they anesthetize the area before they bite but when a certain spot on the back of your head or neck starts to itch you are the victim of a deer fly. 
I bought these patches so many years ago that I can't recall where I purchased them from but they work well. I put a patch on and went outside and immediately four biting flies landed on the sticky side. I did find that they can be purchased on Amazon for $12.98 plus $1.60 shipping. The package shows the patch being put higher on your hat but I found the opening in the back of the hat still leaves vulnerable scalp to get bitten. I have used them for several years now and they do work.  I still get a bite on occasion but this patch shows that I avoided 4 bites.

They will still swarm your head and you will still wave your arms wildly but they eliminate your getting bitten. Before I came in and put this patch on my hat I about knocked myself silly slapping my head, face plus getting my arm exercises for the day. I was doing windmill arm exercises so hard that I almost levitated off the ground. These patches have really saved the day for me and I recommend them. HINT: if you put them on like I have in the above photo you will need a piece of paper between the patch and your head in the open area of your hat or it will stick to your hair.

1 comment:

JennielynnfromMilton said...

Bruce,
What a well-written and funny story! Thank you so much for sharing!

Jennie