Total Pageviews

Friday, March 6, 2020

Remembering Past Fur Family - Bozley

This is Bozley who was an owner surrender. The owner brought him down to us from the Denver area as she had to move and could not find housing that would take a large dog. He was an absolute delight to our family and kept us entertained with his herding of squeaky balls.  I would wake up each morning with him about two inches from my face with his big smile.

Since our kitchen is in the back of our house I would ask him if lunch/dinner was ready yet and he would bound off to the back of the house to check and come back and let me know by his body language. It is important to be able to read a dogs body language and Bozley passed away suddenly on Dec. 19th one year ago. He was perfectly fine in the morning and just collapsed suddenly. There was no hope he would recover or get better and it was with deep regret that we said our last goodbye. When we got him to the vet - withing one hour - he was just too weak to lift his head.

There is not a day that goes by that I don't miss him and how he would come over and lay his head in my lap for ear rubs and attention. We only had him for three years but he will forever be remembered in our hearts and we miss him to this day. He was very intelligent and understood most of what we said to him.  He was always as happy and smiling as the photo above reflects...Rest in peace Bozley until we will meet again.

1 comment:

Joy said...

I found your blog through the Mother Earth magazine. I am enjoying reading your memories about your pets.