Total Pageviews

Monday, May 11, 2020

New Stone Wall

Every winter as the snow comes down off the roof into our garden area it eventually builds up and drifts onto the sidewalk to block the door to under the house. Then we have to shovel to the door to get the walk behind snow thrower out to clear the snow away. Every winter I have said I need to have a wall between the garden and the walkway and as soon as winter is over I promptly forget until next winter.

Between getting in our firewood for next winter (the wood shed is already full) and other tasks we gathered up as many flat stones and I used up a bag of mortar mix I had on hand and went ahead and put the wall up. This should eliminate much of the drifting snow. We still get snow from this side of the garden area but without the drifting it will be manageable. The wall is secured to a 't' post firmly hammered into the ground and a wire fence that is nice and solid. Life is looking up for next winter. 

No comments: