Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Garden Disaster

 We woke up this morning to an totally unexpected change in the weather. For over two months it has been in the 70-80's during the day and 50-60's at night. Our garden was growing well and was near time to start to harvest. Until last night when temperatures dropped into the 20's unexpectedly. It looks like our potatoes are gone as is the lettuce. Spinach and rhubarb are still a question mark. Just another reason why gardening is hard at high elevation. Fortunately I have some seed left so I can start over.
I almost forgot with this crazy weather. I went under the house to get a piece of cardboard to cover my garden box and when I came out of the basement there were 7 turkeys not a dozen feet away. Here you just never know what will be on the other side of the door - turkeys, bear, mountain lion or bobcat/lynx...

1 comment:

Bruce said...

Now that the sun is up and it has warmed up to 40 degrees not all the plants are damaged from the freeze. It looks like some will survive.....