Total Pageviews

Friday, September 4, 2020

Junior's Offspring

We once had a buck deer we named Junior that actually adopted us. His antlers had a certain configuration, and his markings were unique. He would come right up to me to take food from my hand and allow me to pick ice balls off of him and ticks. He would let me rub his nose and make soft mewing sounds. He would follow me around and he understood most of what I would tell him. During the rut he would come to me and lay down against the fence and I would look out for him. He would be exhausted and had such trust that he would not even look up as I walked past him. Once rested he would be off again. 

The deer in the photo above is a perfect reproduction of Junior and I suspect he is the grandson of Junior. The characteristics are just too accurate to be coincidence. I wish he could have known Junior as he was a very remarkable deer and to this day I miss his presence in our lives. People make pets of some deer but Junior was much different in that he adopted us and not the other way around. 
 

No comments: