Total Pageviews

Friday, September 18, 2020

Sarah




 Back on September 6th, I posted about our Sarah. Sarah had a very loyal friend which I did not mention in the blog. It was a doe that one day when Sarah was alone in the back yard walked up to the fence where Sarah was and they sniffed each other through the fence. Over time they became friends and would each stand on their side of the fence and share space with each other. When Sarah passed away the doe would come to the fence looking for her. She would stand out by the fence and even when I tried to communicate with her she kept coming back. 

Those two had some sort of bond that just did not break when Sarah passed away. Last night I was taking the tractor down to the end of our property to get a photo for a blog I'm working on for Mother Earth News.  When I got to the cemetery for our past dogs there was a doe standing looking down at Sarah's marker which has her photo. Whether coincidence or if it is the same doe that was Sarah's friend I don't know but there are 7 head stones there and it was clearly looking down at Sarah's. I suspect it may visit that marker often as there is a lot of deer activity in the area. The trail camera is set up just 30 yards from the pet cemetery. I'll let the reader decide but it was the same size as Sarah's friend and it was standing over her marker. 

1 comment:

Caddie said...

one day in the future, mankind in total will know and accept the realization that all animals are aware and sensitive as mankind can be. ...yet I still have no kind feeling for rats! Destructive critters.