Total Pageviews

Friday, September 3, 2021

Taylor Day Three:

 

Taylor in the bottom photo was at the shelter. There was no vitality in his eyes but today - day three- he has a totally different expression. We have found out Taylor is a senior rascal for sure. Night before last I was sleeping and felt my head move. Taylor was pulling the pillow out from under my head. Today Carol had laid a pillow case on the chair and went to make a wood fire as she wanted to dry clothes inside as it was cold and damp outside. When she went to get the pillow case Taylor had reduced it to three pieces. 
We took Taylor to the vet yesterday as he had just totally crashed the day before. He got a very thorough physical and he is in very good health but need to lose about 10-12 lbs. When we got home again he realized this was  his real forever home I could see his countenance change right before my eyes. After putting the new door in at a considerable cost today he was watching me work out back. With Carol being with him he actually explored the entire back yard and then wanted to come in through the door where he has to come up two steps. We let him in and he went right up the steps. We were amazed. Perhaps it was due to having his Rx changed or maybe it was just that he knew he was home now. 

If any readers are reluctant to adopt an older dog. I would say look at Taylor... he is the perfect example of what an older dog can do for your life. He has had us laughing for three days, he has pushed himself to heights he has not been able to achieve before and he has shown us much love and devotion already in those three days. He is now getting the long awaited loving home he deserves so much and he has already found a very special place in my heart. Taylor is a real character and we love him just like he is.   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful story. I myself have rescued many dogs over my lifetime. I am so glad to hear Taylor is having a wonderful life. You are blessed and so is Taylor.