Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 14, 2022

Gold


 Around this time every year we have springs that surface and run for 2-4 weeks. We have two springs that run year around but these springs are short term. Most years I forget to put my sluice box in the run off area and some years they don't run at all. I leave the sluice box in place for a week or two and the temporary spring yields forth some gold. Sometimes it will be small chunks that I can pick out and always it gives me flour gold. Most prospectors turn their noses up at flour gold but it actually accumulates quickly. 

I would probably have a fair amount of gold if I remembered to do this each year. The one spring that runs year around has an area that it pools up and I took my metal detector and checked that area a few years ago and got a sound on the metal detector. It also has steep banks surrounding it and when I got the hit my feet slipped and I went feet first into the muck where I got the hit. When I climbed back out and tried the detector again I didn't get any sound. I either mashed it down deep in the muck or dislodged it and couldn't find it. 

I'm a lazy prospector but still get some good gold letting the springs do all the work for me. I have another place on our property that I plan to prospect this year and feel certain there is gold there and could be several ounces. Also waiting to see if the spring will run this year. Hopeful!!!!!!!!

No comments: