Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 28, 2022

Sorry Leadership

The top photo below is how our road washed out several years ago. The next photo doesn't need any explanation. I had pleaded with our leadership to at least make our road passable for many years but they did not answer me or if they did they would just say they would look into it which they never did. We were trapped in our home because we couldn't get out and if we did we couldn't get back home. The leadership of our association all had nice graveled roads smoother than a baby's butt. If you were not one of their friends you got zilch and had to put up with this.  

We now have competent leadership who treats all landowners equally and makes sure our roads are not like the photos any more. I have been watching the comments on the community page and it looks like the same old favoritism people are trying to regain control again. I can only hope that the new people who have moved in post wildfire are smarter than the ones who used to be in control.  
We have a good leadership now and I would hate to see that disrupted and we go back to the corruption, disrespecting the members, and favoritism that previously existed. The previous groups sued each other, spent a great deal of time trying to destroy the character of those who dared speak against them, and allowed roads like this to proliferate. 
 

1 comment:

M B said...

My husband and I look forward to each of your posts that we receive via email! As newer landowners, your writing gives us a glimpse of what life is like in Forbes Park and helps us understand some of the issues we will face in building a cabin and spending more time within the park.

On April 28th you posted about the road situation and the current vs past leadership of the park. I can understand if you don't want to name names, but as new comers we do not know the difference between the positive new leadership and the previous factions that were in control. If you would like to point us in the right direction that would be very useful!

I realize that you have to approve every comment that publishes on your blog, so I am assuming that you could respond directly to me if you choose without publishing my comment? (I was unable to find your email address on your blog.) My email: mrsqnbee@pm.me

Thanks for all the great posts! They are much appreciated! -MB