Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 19, 2022

Weird Weather:

 

We have had some very strange weather over the past 7 months. The wind has been strong with near hurricane force numerous times and seems to come in waves like the ocean waves. It is mid June and we are still burning a fire in our wood stove because it does not warm up during the day. I don't remember it being this late in the year where we had to have a fire in the wood stove to stay warm. 

From the very first time we put humming bird feeders out we have had from 20-50 hummingbirds and this year we have had 5 birds. A week ago we had temperatures in the 80's but this week it has been in the mid 50's. We also had a late freeze a couple weeks ago that destroyed the aspen leaves. It was so cold the leaves turned black and are falling off the trees. 

In our quarter century living here we have not witnessed this type of crazy weather before this year. We had weeks of no moisture of any sort and now we see that the forecast calls for a week of rain. This weather has been totally different from any we have experience before this year. The changes have been radical and contrary to any we have previously experience in the last 25 years. Apparently the scientists say that it may even get worse.

We have also had numerous wildfires popping up all around us but none in our specific area yet. This has just been one crazy year for weather. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just went to tag you in a FB post about German Shepherds and I'm seeing that your account is so gone I even can't see our old FB messages. I've been blocked before but it's the first time I've lost old messages. Am I blocked (if so, whatever I said, I appologize!) or did your FB account vaporize? The only other way I have to contact you is snail mail! My #is 919-896-4656 but I don't answer unknown #s, so text, first. Hope y'all are okay.

Kathryn said...

That was me a moment ago, as Anonymous. (Oops!) Facebook friends until a few minutes ago.