Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Whew!!!!

 


This is the time of year that we get our 'Must do's" done. As such I haven't been on our blog site much lately. We finally got our firewood in for next winter last week. We have been working on getting our tractor implements and log splitter into the new shed where they will be dry and safe. Nothing is easy in the mountains as the shed floor is a foot from the ground level. I had to build up the area in front of the shed and then use my auto ramps to get the implements into the shed.  I have them on dolly's so they can be moved around and not try to drag 300# implements around. 

I have ordered some road base to build a ramp to the door which will be zto load and unload implements but it currently is not available so I'm waiting. Our afternoon rains have slowed progress. There are still things that needed to be done before the cold sets in but we can only take them one at a time. Medical appointments have been done and soon I will be off Xarelto and that will be good. 

Getting those necessary tasks done is very important when you live as we do with the firewood being chief . Hopefully I will be able to spend more time on this blog now. Between repairing washouts from the rain, getting firewood in, implements protected, weeds mowed down to eliminate potential wildfire hazards and hundreds of other small tasks I van take a deep breath and spend more fun time. 

No comments: