Total Pageviews

Friday, August 5, 2022

Sayings:


 My mother used to have a saying that went: "What your head doesn't do your feet will have to."   All these years have passed and I find it still applies. In Colorado when registering a motor vehicle you are given a registration sticker and month it is due or expires sticker. Last year when I registered our van and put the plates on I ended up putting the back plate (the one with the stickers) on the front and the back plate on the front. 

This year when I got the renewal sticker - without thinking I put the registration sticker on the back plate. The month sticker stays on the plate from year to year. When I stepped back to admire my work I noted the month sticker was not on the plate. I went around to the front and sure enough there it was. These stickers do not come off so I couldn't swap the plates. I called the counter clerk to see what to do and was advised I could get a replacement for 20 cents. 

 So the next day I headed out to the county seat for my 20 cent sticker. So my bungle ended up taking two hours and three gallons of gas for a 20 cent sticker. "what your head doesn't do your feet or in this case your van will have to." So $15.00 in gas and 20 cents later I'm now legal. I think I'm getting a headache.....

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

I think you sre fortunate you could get a replacement sticker without too much hassle. Putting the sticker on the wrong plate definitely sounds like something I would do!