Total Pageviews

Monday, March 27, 2023

Experiment:


We decided to do a little experiment today.  We were talking yesterday about having Rubin's for lunch today and Carol mentioned that she would do some air fries to go with them. I suggested that I use the deep fat fryer and slice some potatoes thin and make chips. I had never done that before but why not experiment. Besides its pretty hard to screw up potatoes. 

The slicing was the hardest as the old shredder we have has a loose handle but perseverance paid off and we got enough out of the potatoes to make chips. I thought I would spice them  up a little so sprinkled my spice that I use on potatoes when I make cowboy breakfast on them after they came out of the fryer.   A light salt and pepper added just enough kick to make them very tasty. 

I didn't know how long to leave them in the fryer but when they started to curl and darkened I figured it was probably long enough. Turned out that was a good guess as the photo shows they came out pretty good and with the added spice they had a notable kick to them. With the Rubin they made a very good compliment and we enjoyed a new and unique lunch. 


No comments: