Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Fruit Trees:

When we bought this property we discovered that it has both a cherry tree and apple tree. The cherry tree is flourishing but the apple tree needs work. I have been studying on Google how to care for these trees. It looks like it may take years to get them to produce but it has to start somewhere and there is no time like the present. 

I also want to start a peach tree from seed but that may also take some time and effort. Since I am in my 80's I may not benefit from a good harvest but someone after me may. I  also have blue berry bushes that need serious attention. They do produce well but could do better if properly maintained. 

Since I no longer have to shovel snow like I did in Colorado I should have the time to do right by these trees and bushes. 

No comments: