Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Snowy Saturday/last day of October already!

Tired of snow pictures already?? Sorry, that seems to be all that I have to offer! We got a bunch more snow bringing our total so far to 50"! It does seem early. 12 years ago when we had just moved out to Colorado, our daughter Sasha and fiance Rick got married on October 25 (1997). That day we woke up to 2 feet of snow.........so maybe it isn't early after all. Sure was a short autumn though.

This picture is looking east north east towards LaVeta Pass.

(click on pictures to enlarge)

Looking up our mountain from the end of the deck.

No more cowboy breakfasts for awhile.

Our trusty old (1993) Toyota truck.

It had been pretty darned cold too---8 degrees yesterday morning with a strong wind but today the sun is out and maybe there will even be some melting. This snow will not go away though until next May!

I had the neatest thing happen today. Remember my college friend that I got to see when I went to Florida last May/June? Well, I got to Skype with her today! That is just so much fun! We talked and laughed for 20 minutes. Her webcam was on her laptop so I got a bit of a tour of her home....and I saw all that green in Savannah. In fact, as I recall, as I sit here with my long sleeved shirt on and fleece overalls, she had on a sleeveless blouse!!! It sure was fun though.

Okey dokey, I have pot roast in the pressure cooker and it is nearly done so off I go. Hope y'all have had a good week!

:)+

2 comments:

Ron and Thelma said...

50 in. That is a lot of snow. I know you get snow early as I have sister that lives arond the denver area in the foothills. They have already had a bunch of snow. Told here to keep it there.

Mike McFall said...

I been having wifi problems, the parks system keeps cutting me off...

Tried to comment right afer you posted and it wouldn't work!

Computers remind me of Obama, mama. the don't do what there are supposed to!!!

Good Blog,,,snow looks COLD!!!

Hugs