Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Unexpected Surprise

 I woke up this morning to 4" of fresh snow. I wanted to post photos of same and when I took my camera outside to get a few photos there were two deer heading to the tops of the aspen trees that broke off in the recent heavy snow storm. The tops have leaves that are about half developed and a good source of food for the deer.  Several trees broke off so there are numerous piles of limbs and tree tops for the deer.

This is why it is so hard to maintain a garden at 9,800' elevation. It is nice for a day or two and seeds germinate and then we get 4" of snow. Last year our last snow was 5/28, and that was 5" of wet snow. I ended up spreading seeds 3 times before they were safe to grow and that reduces the growing season considerably.

No comments: