Total Pageviews

Monday, January 28, 2019

Finally A Break In The Wind....

 Life in the mountains - especially in the winter - requires patience and perseverance. This morning the wind had laid down but it was fog or a cloud that enveloped the area. The temperature was 19 degrees and without wind it was a good time to cook outside on the old steel stove. 
 With the cloud drifting in the visibility was very limited but I only had to see as far as the cook stove so I got the stove going and cooked breakfast outside. See photo below. I was mostly blocked by large piles of snow anyway so the snow diverted the wind away from the fire and myself.
 We had potatoes with my special seasoning which gives them a little bite, over easy eggs, fried spam, and a glass of V-8 juice. It was worth waiting for and slow cooked outside on the old cook stove added the element of "delicious".
I may be able to do one more breakfast outside but then I will need to do some serious shoveling to get to the wood pile I use in the stove.

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

Breakfast looks so appetizing, and I'm getting hungry all over again.