Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 26, 2019

No Cowboy Breakfast

 I spent two days shoveling when able the outdoor cook stove out so we could have cowboy breakfast. I have watched the weather forecasts diligently for a day with less wind. Today it was suppose to be slight breeze's and sunny so I planned to cook outside this morning. When I went out the wind was blowing snow and it was gusting to 20 MPH which is not good to cook out in.
 I only was able to shovel to the cook stove and it would take another two days to shovel to the wood pile where the firewood is. The wood pile is under a 5' drift of hard packed snow and I had enough scrap lumber in the basement to cook out at least once. With the snow pelting me I decided to not cook today and continue to wait for a more suitable. day.
Carol asked Alexa what the wind forecast was for today and was told it would be gentle breezes 3.5 MPH. It is hard to get an accurate forecast in the mountains and even harder in the winter to cook breakfast outside. I'll continue to watch for a calm day - which we have not had for weeks. I figure we will have one more breakfast cooked outside before spring arrives.

I don't want to use the firewood we have stored for the inside wood stove as we are going through it fast. The wood shed was completely full and there is only 1 1/2 rows left before we get into our reserve firewood. It has been so cold this winter so far that we are using much more than usual.

No comments: