Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Devastation:

 I don't have a photo to accompany this blog as when we drove out of the park yesterday I was stunned by all the devastation. We have been having high winds for quite a while but the amount of trees blown down was shocking. I thought the views after the wildfire were bad but this is the worst I've seen. It looks like a war zone. Before I retired when there was a major hurricane, tornados or Northeaster my company would send me to handle the larger losses - mostly commercial or high profile homes. Occasionally I would lead a team so others could get experience on more complicated losses.  

I have seen the worst that nature could dish out but what I saw yesterday was very bad. I would put the damage I witnessed yesterday right up there with some of the worst I've seen.  I saw one driveway to a house that had such a tangled jumble of blown over trees that it will take more than a day or two just to clear the driveway. Another with trees on a home and trees just pushed off to the side of the road to be dealt with another time. 

I only saw a small portion of the damage and the sad part the trees that did survive the wildfire three years ago are now mostly on the ground and some were very big healthy trees. It was tearful to see the community following the  Spring wildfire but this devastation just left me numb. To numb to even take a photo.  It was windy again yesterday and coming home we saw numerous trees down on our road that had not been there when we left. 

If I were a landowner and came to see my lot and saw all those trees down I think I would just be sick. Those who clear dead and down trees are going to have a real bonanza of business.  The beauty of our community is lost and it will be many years before it comes back. 

No comments: