Total Pageviews

Friday, April 22, 2022

FINALLY !!!!!

We have finally been able to start on laying up our firewood for next winter. We are still burning firewood but getting a head start on next year is a plus for us. So far we have cut, split and hauled three trailer loads of firewood to the woodshed. These warm days and not so cold nights have melted the snow to where we can get around and were able to retrieve our log splitter. 

Today we are in an extreme wildfire watch due to the dryness and high winds. We have had more high wind this winter than I can remember in years past. Will be having the shingles replaced on our garage roof next week if the high wind subsides. My situation is that I have a blood clot in my leg and it has rendered my foot and ankle numb so even if I could climb a ladder with that problem it is not safe to go on a ladder. 

Also if the weather holds I am having two loads of road base delivered next week so my work is set out for me. Life in the mountains is a never ending litany of work. This wind has been brutal however and I hope it stops soon. 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are on an anticoagulant. Having a blood clot is serious! My husband has had 3. One in his leg and two in his lung. He's on Coumadin now.