Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Climate Change?????

Climate change or not depends on who you talk to. Saturday we had 10" of new snow after we had enjoyed 6 weeks of very pleasant weather. So pleasant that the aspen trees had their leaves, I planted my garden and all the winters snow melted. Then Sunday and Monday we had rain and cool temperatures. Today it is again below freezing and we are having very wet snow. About 5 inches of snow as I write this. It is forecast to stop around midnight. 

I'm sure my garden is done and the new aspen leaves are all black. Whether they will come back out or not is questionable. After today the forecast is for nice weather again. This is happening at 9,800' elevation and I have no clue what the rest of the country is experiencing. What I do know is that the weather this year has been much different than we have experienced in the past. 

Whether it is due to climate change or simply or cyclical weather change, this year our weather has been radical to say the least. For the past 6 months hardly a week has gone by that we haven't had severe wind. We have so many trees uprooted that we are unable to count them. Now we have this very strange weather with rain and snow. I am not schooled enough to know if this is part of a long term pattern or something radical is going on. What I do know is that it is very hard with this bizarre weather to clean up from the wind or get our firewood in for next year.   


 

No comments: