Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Divide And Conquer:

 

I don't know if others have noted this but I have. I went in to pick up our mail Saturday and was talking to a friend at the grocery store which is next to the post office. We were discussing the sad state of our country. I told him I had little hope for the long haul of our country as I have noted that our citizens have been divided. We are divided by race, gender, religion, political party, and so many other issues. It seems that people can no longer agree on anything without upsetting others. 

I remember how our country came together for a short period after 9/11, but then went back to our divisions. If we had a similar occurrence now I don't see people coming together any longer. We have been so divided and are so polarized we can not see our fellow citizens as equals. We have ceased to be Americans and have become so self centered based on our agendas or manipulation that we lack togetherness. 

We are afraid to even express our minds for fear of hurting someone's feelings. Some won't even listen to those who may think differently or have opposing views. We are so divided that we simply can't come together on anything. We have ceased being a unified people who call themselves Americans and we are issue orientated. It seems to me being as divided as we are we have lost our American ideals and values and are rapidly ceasing to be people. I do not see our country surviving as we are destroying ourselves. 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, god forbid we have another event that needs us to come to gather, as most all effort would be attempting to assign blame to somebody we do not agree with, not address and solve.

Anonymous said...

First of all, I really enjoy your blog, thank you for sharing all your experiences and beautiful stories. While I agree that we have been divided in order to be conquered, I unexpectedly have good news to share. My husband and I moved to a single resident neighborhood in Longmont with a pretty even mix of strong minded democrats and die hard trumpists. Even so, in the 9 months we have lived here we've attended 3 fun neighborhood parties, raked up each others leaves in the fall, shoveled each others sidewalks in the winter, and shared food and fresh baked goods with one another. When it comes down to it, it seems we are not as divided as we are supposed to be after all.

Bruce said...

Your description reminds me of how it was when I was much younger. Political beliefs should not divide people but todays beliefs are dangerous as they wipe out our history. As we watch our history be altered and changed to eliminate beliefs that in the past were well established I consider these radicals are trying to change what has already been established.