Total Pageviews

Friday, September 16, 2022

End Of Garden:

 Today was the end of my garden and I harvested 4 potatoes from two plants. This is a new type of carrots for me and I planted them in an earth box. They both came out pretty well and I'm pleased with them. It was a battle to even get them as the critters kept eating off the top of the plants. I had hardware cloth to keep that from happening but as soon as a part of the plant got through the hardware cloth they would eat the tops of the plants. To garden in the mountains you have to be versatile to say the least. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Potatoes and carrots, sounds like a good meal!

Anonymous said...

The end of the season seems to get later and later. In the last decade I have noticed that we are getting tomatoes pretty much through October. And I am always surprised to see neighbors mowing their lawns in preparation for their Thanksgiving guests. Climate change?? - SusanG.