Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Culture Shock:

 :

After living remotely and not being around crowds we recently experienced a large crowd. Sasha and Rick had brought us some apples from a local orchard and we had run out so decided to find the orchard ourselves. First finding a parking place when we arrived was a chore and that should have been our first clue. I preferred to stay in the car but Carol insisted I go in. I hobbled to the door as all the handicapped places were full. Once in it was over powering with people every where and crowded in. 

The orchard was a tourist destination for sure. For me it was clearly "deer in the headlights" time. It had been many years since I have been in any crowd of people that I was overwhelmed. We found our bag of apples and after a long line at checkout we left. I was as close to shell shock as possible until we got home and I could relax. So much to get used to again. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just can’t believe that happened to you! So sorry. It does get busy at times and seems that you guys hit it just “right” for sure! 😆