Today was a day to deal with limbs. Living in an area that is overshadowed by temporal rain forest we have lots of trees and when there are lots of trees there are lots of limbs. Our burn pit was stacked high and we had a trailer full of limbs. We were lacking any additional places to store them. The photo above is a limb mulcher made by WEN company and it does quick work on limbs 1-1/12" in diameter.
I got rid of the big pile in the burn pit by burning them after I obtained a burn permit from the department of forestry. They make it easy to obtain a permit on line so I was legal in burning them There is no cost but you need to be registered to burn on the ground or in a fire pit. It took less than five minutes.
Carol used the WEN limb mulcher and got all the limbs in the trailer mulched. We are tired tonight but we got rid of the limbs. This mulcher is a great little machine and we used the mulch around our blueberry bushes..
No comments:
Post a Comment