Total Pageviews

Monday, September 21, 2026

Repurpose:

I managed to wear out a rear blade for my tractor and so I took it apart and the two cross members were perfect to make a bracket to hold firewood with the bends in the quarter inch steel. We needed a firewood holder closer to the back door as the firewood shed was up hill and a distance from the house. It was not a problem other than when the snow is 4' deep in the heart of winter. 

When I have second hand parts I look at them and try to envision if they might have another purpose. If not I throw them away but I may hold them for a short while to make sure. Repurpose is usually a good thing if the result is beneficial and makes sense. In this case a tarp over the firewood keeps it dry and accessible when we needed it in the winter. 





No comments: