Total Pageviews

Friday, February 14, 2020

Mountain Chickadee Wipe Out:

This little guy took a hard crash into the window. That doesn't happen often but it does occur on occasion. It took a while of keeping him warm, talking to him and stroking him before it was able to hold its head up. I could tell that it was having a hard time focusing its eyes but after several minutes it did recover. Had I not picked it up and kept it warm and slowly bring it back into focus I have no doubt it would have died.

We have lost only a few birds over the years and today was not this guys time to die. He finally flew off and we were happy. When I put him out on the railing in the sun a Junco went after him so I had to rescue him a second time. He finally recovered and off he went.

1 comment:

JO said...

So happy he recovered Thank you for helping him or her out